Opening Scene of Contrast


Production Diary



17th NovemberToday we spent time deciding what roles we were going to undertake. We made sure that we each had different tasks to do so that the procedure of planning would be a lot faster and a lot smoother.

18th November
Today we started to perform our tasks. I started to post the blog meetings and write about what we were doing in pictures that were taken of us discussing the tasks ahead. Will started to do the synopsis planning and writing about the actors that we were going to use. Ben started to create a visual mood board that used inspirations from other clips that we liked and thought could be inspirational towards our clip.

24th November
In this lesson me and Ben finalised the storyboard. We made sure that we had included all of the details that needed to be within the shot. We also made sure that all of the types of shots were given below the picture of the shot that was going to be taken. The next step was to video the storyboard and give background audio on it.

28th November Today I started to edit all of the footage that we had collected. The first thing that I had to do was find and select all of the shots that I actually wanted to keep. Once I had decided on the shots that I was going to use within our opening scene. I then had to put all of the shots in the correct chronological order that the story line was going to flow in.

2nd December I have applied all of my editing skills towards my opening scene which has caused me to compile all of the footage together. All of the clips have now been put in chronological order I am just in the process of finishing the listing of all the titles that will appear throughout the opening scene. After this I will have to find an appropriate song that will match in with the theme and genre of my film opening.

8th December
Uploaded my first draft of my film opening. It got played to my class and they gave me feedback to work on. I already had quite a lot of adaptation to do with my film opening anyway to make the genre more obvious. The feedback that I received also told me that I needed to make the titles and credits better.

9th December I straight away started to carry on with editing on my film opening to help improve the recognition of the genre. I changed and imporoved the titles by putting them in the correct order and also adding effects so that they synced in well with the transitions from shot to shot.